Gene G. Smith, CPA
Shareholder, Firm Administrator
Location: Mt. Pleasant
Connect with Gene on LinkedIn
- Central Michigan University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Member AICPA and MICPA
Experience Prior to joining Robert F. Murray & Co. CPAs P.C.
- Owner of CPA firm in Alma with a niche in trust management and investment advice.
- Owner of conveying equipment fabrication business.
- Owner of pontoon furniture manufacturing business.
- Controller and General Manager for contractor that installed machinery nationwide.
- Financial Advisor with major brokerage firm.
- Individual and Business tax preparation and planning
- Business advisory consulting with operations emphasis
- Wealth Management
- Agriculture Accounting and Taxation
- Metal Fabrication Accounting and Taxation
- Construction Accounting and Taxation
- Past President of Ithaca Rotary
- Past President of Alma Chamber of Commerce
- Past board member of Central Michigan YFC
- Past board member of Gratiot County United Way
- Board member at Celebrate Ministries in Alma
- Gene resides in Alma with his wife Wendy. They have four children and ten grandchildren.
- Gene is an avid golfer and has a nicely equipped woodshop in his basement. Buying and selling cars has also been a hobby for Gene over the years with something close to 45 cars in and out of his garage ranging from Jeeps to Jaguars. He has also raced BMW’s in his younger days.
- Gene and Wendy are active in their local church. Wendy loves teaching children and Gene has served in many leadership positions.