Michael E. Harter, CPA/PFS, CFP®
Location: Mt. Pleasant
Connect with Mike on LinkedIn
- Central Michigan University
- Oakland University
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Member AICPA and MICPA
- Business tax preparation and planning
- Individual tax preparation and planning
- Investment and Financial Planning:
- In 2000, the firm formed RFM Financial Solutions, LLC to formalize their investment management practice of which Mike has been responsible for its operations. “For years, we had clients coming to us asking for our opinion on investments” explains Mike. “They trusted our advice and so we decided to elevate and expand our services to our client’s needs and requests. So we designed a unique approach to guarantee that our advice would always be in the best interest of our clients and that no outside influences such as commissions would impair our recommendations.”
- Past president and treasurer of the Mt. Pleasant Optimist Club
- Past board member and president of the Mt. Pleasant Country Club
- Served on the City of Mt. Pleasant Planning Commission for six years.
- Mike has been a frequent panel expert and recently been hosting the WCMU public television shows “Ask the CPA” and “Ask the Financial Planner.”
- Mike resides in Mt. Pleasant with his wife Laura who is a Master Gardener for commercial and residential clients.
- Mike and Laura have three children, two sons Cale and Aaron and daughter Taylor, along with their myriad of pets.
- An avid golfer, Mike is always “tinkering” with his game. He has been very fortunate to have gone to The Masters golf tournament.
- Watching high school and college wrestling has become a passion since his son Cale and Aaron have wrestled at Mt. Pleasant High. Cale continued at the collegiate level at Case Western Reserve.
- Mike and Laura are strong supporters of numerous athletic programs at Central Michigan University.
- Mike was an elder at the First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant and now attends the Mt. Pleasant Community Church.