Robert F. Murray & Company offers an excellent work environment in public accounting providing our staff with great opportunities to grow, develop and advance their careers. Our client base is diverse and this position would require a broad knowledge across many types of businesses primarily focused on business consulting and tax related engagements. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset looking for ways to grow the practice and be part of management decisions with a fast track to ownership.
The Midland Manager’s overall responsibility is to manage client relationships, manage Midland staff and work to increase the profitability of the Midland office.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Midland clients through ongoing communication and exceptional service
- Ensure that all projects are completed timely and with accuracy.
- Prepare monthly billings for services performed using Practice CS.
- Perform performance reviews for Midland full time staff (currently this is only the office manager).
- Review and sign tax returns. Review and sign off on financial statements (primarily compilations).
- Develop new business using referral sources, involvement in the community and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with staff and partners on projects when expertise on the situation presented is lacking.
- CPA certification
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting
- In-depth tax knowledge at the state and federal levels
- Understanding of GAAP and proper financial statement presentation
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Dedicated to providing exceptional service to clients
- Able to develop new business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
Compensation and Benefits:
- High degree potential for ownership within 24 months
- Competitive salary commensurate with years and level of experience
- Health insurance (no vision or dental), Disability and Life
- 401k 3% match
- Paid vacation (negotiable up to 4 weeks) and Holidays
- Paid sick (24 hours) and paid personal time (16 hours)
E-mail cover letter and resume to Shawn.